Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm not feeling this week


I truly am not feeling this week. I feel rather uninspired. Le sigh

I am looking forward to my weekend trip to Philly to visit The Pied-À-Terre. I don't quite know what the exact plan is yet. I think we're going to the Liberty Bell and the Zoo. I know we're definitely having Philly Cheese Steaks. My Doodle a/k/a my Hubby is coming along to and is mostly concerned about what he will be eating. He is excited for my friend's curry. He keeps asking me about food.

I have a College reunion next week that I have been convinced to go to. I was promised free food and drinks. I'm kind of wary about it all. There are some faces I'd rather not see, but that's life. I'll just smile and ignore. I promise to try to have a good time.

In August, I'm heading out to L.A. to visit some in-laws and friends. I'm looking forward to walking through the Promenade, visiting my friends at the LGF Studio, talking about films, pitching crazy ideas, etc. I'm kind of looking forward to the in-laws. They are a very critical bunch, so I have to prepare for them to evaluate my life and actions, and then tell me what I'm doing wrong. At some point I'll tune them out, laugh, and/or talk back. This is the in-laws way with each other, so I guess I can't take much of an offense. Last time I had a big family discussion with this it started like this:

Grandma: J, I know you really miss your family in NYC. But I think you need to cut
the apron strings
J: The Apron strings?
G: Yes. You need to cut them and accept our family as your new family. C (my hubby's
mom) can be like a new mom to you. You can't be living in NYC forever. That's not a
place to raise a family.
J: Oh, Good God No! I have a mom thank. I don't need to replace my family. If anyone needs to cut the strings it's my hubby, because obviously his family is too clingy and
needy. And I think NYC is a fabulous place to grow up. I was born and raised there,
and I turned out fine.
G: *mumbles to herself*
J: Pardon?
G: Nothing. You're fine.

Good times. My hubby tried to say she didn't mean it badly, but whatever. I know she did.
They do this to their entire family though. Lots of criticism. Also, lots of them claiming to be the best family ever. Seriously, they aren't. Too many skeletons in their closets. I'll try to have fun though. I end up making lots of jokes so I don't end up screaming. Oh, how I wish they were normal people.

I just need the week to end. I'm ready to start my summer fun!!! I'm also ready for a bottle of wine :)

0 comments on "I'm not feeling this week"

Post a Comment

Mi Amigas