Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Catch Up With Moi!!!


My apologies to the blog world for not contributing. Our servers at work crashed, and we're having to reconstruct information as some of the documents are now lost to us. Anyway, I had a pretty busy weekend. Got my hair cut on Saturday with my favorite hair stylist Daniel. He is the best!!! I told him I need something easy for the summer, since my curly hair does not fair well in the humid NYC summers. My hair likes to turn into a full on afro puff. It’s not cute. I want to be able to put it up in a pony tail or quickly be able to straighten it. So Danny boy cut my hair shorter, but added some sexiness to it. It looks fantastic! I’ve been going to this dude since last fall, and he is just amazing. I can’t say it enough. If you ever venture to the Loehmann's down on 14th street and you’re in need of a haircut, go into the Leonard Golino salon and ask for Daniel. Yes, it might cost you $99 for just a cut and style, but it’s worth it. He also is the best colorist there. I’ve seen his work on other ladies, and it looks like it’s their natural hair. You can’t even tell that it was just dyed. The $200-300 that you would spend on it would be worth it.

Anyway, enough of me plugging Daniel in here. I also went to my friend, M’s, bridal shower. She looked really beautiful, and I was happy to be there with everyone else to celebrate! The food was awesome, but it’s Greek so of course it was going to be good. I ate so much hummus, salad, eggplant, and lamb that I am still stuffed today. Besides the boy who ran over and shrieked in my ear, I had a great time. I met some nice ladies, ate yummy food, and watched my friend celebrate her day. Yay!

I do have to share a convo with all of you that I overheard at my table. I had to stifle my laughter at the entire thing. I took it first as a joke, but with no one else laughing I was led to believe that this was serious:

Girl 1: I can’t believe M is getting married.

Girl 2: I know!

Girl 1: I’m so happy for her. If I were planning a wedding, like today, like now I would get a purple wedding dress. Not just any kind of purple…Like a royal purple. A jewel toned purple. You know, the purple that’shiny.

Girl 2: Yeah.

Girl 1: And my grooms, and grooms men would all wear purple tuxes. But you know if the groom didn’t like that I’d listen to him, cuz you know you also got to listen for his input too.

Girl 2: True.

Girl 1: Yeah, if he didn’t want to wear that, they could wear white tuxes with purple ties.

Girl 2: That’d be hot!!

I can picture M cringing now at the thought of a Purely Purple affair. Wouldn’t men in Purple tuxes be awesome?Hahahaha. I don’t think they were joking either. There was no laughter, except me coughing and trying not to choke on my fried eggplant. The conversation went deeper into everyone else's “What If I Were Getting Married” Plans.

I suppose it could be worse. Nothing could be as horrifying as this Ghetto Fabulous Wedding:

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/ghetto-wedding/

0 comments on "Catch Up With Moi!!!"

Post a Comment

Mi Amigas