Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring is made for Shopping


After living for two years in L.A., coming back to NYC for winter was rough. I was spoiled by the beautiful 40-70 degree winters, so that when the first snow came to NYC I was bawling like a baby. The snow and 20 degree weather is not fun, nor is shopping for winter clothes. It's just not as fun and vibrant as spring and summer shopping. When the first 60 degree day reared it's head, I knew it was time. Time to dust off the cards and explore the web and NYC stores. Of course, my search did not leave me empty handed. Check out what I snagged:


The Spring Reminder

Photobucket

Nothing says Spring like Poppies. When I first saw this Coat in the Land's End Catalog it screamed ME!!! I had to have it. I get compliments on it every time I wear it, and have been told that it makes people happy for the brilliant reminder that is Spring! I also got Salsa Orange Wellies (Rain Boots) to go with it. It just pulls it all together, and makes you feel lovely even when

The Jeans For A Shorty With A Booty

Joe's Jeans Provocateur Petite Jeans

Recently, while perusing the racks of Filene's Basement on 17th St, I stumbled upon this heavenly creation: Joe's Jeans-Provocateur. The find made me squeal when I found it in a Petite 24, but what made me squeal even more was that it was $80 instead of $170, which was brought down even more with my 20% Filene's Coupon. Score! These jeans are fantastic. I've always had problems fitting jeans over my Puerto Rican booty, and have had them be too long. The fashion world forgets about the shorty with the booty. Joe didn't. Joe gave me a stretchy jean that hugs my thighs and booty, and embraces my tiny form. Bravo, Joe! Bravo!

J.CREW...My Lover I can Barely Afford To Keep

Photobucket

J.CREW, I'm hopelessly in love with you. If only you were interested in the Shorties. Even though your petite section is minimal, I still happen to find pieces I love. Even though I have an Old Navy budget, I still manage to scrimp and save for the essentials I direly need from you, like this top.

When I first saw the Solid Silk Garland Cami in Breeze it was like love at first sight. I needed to have it, but that $88 was keeping me away. I questioned whether it was worth cheating on my budget for it. Then my lover tempted me with a sale email. It made me stare longingly at my dear; however, it was my friend M who pushed me to the dark side with the "Students get 15% off" line. I told her "But M I'm not a student" She then reminded me to the fact that my hubby was, and of course I had to jump at it. So I used my man's school email to get an additional $10 off, and it was bumped down to around $50. Another score for me! My baby is going to be worn with some Capri's, and I love the man even more for being a student. Yes!!!

Old Navy: The Friend Who Is Always There For Me

I have always loved Old Navy because a) I can afford it b) They really do have cute stuff. This past fall and spring, I feel that they have a better selection than Banana Republic and the Gap. BR and Gap are just too overpriced for the bland clothing that they have for the past few seasons. I've purchased a few things for this spring from Old Navy, but I'll list 3"


Bell Sleeve Jacket-Old Navy

I adore jackets. Hey, a girl needs between 2 to 3 jackets to accommodate her with the ups and downs of spring weather. We need long sleeve for when it's cold, and 3/4 quarter sleeved like the above for when it's only a tiny bit nippy. My Bell Swing Jacket keeps me warm enough so I'm not shaking from the little cold bites, and looks chic with that high neck collar. I've been getting compliments left and right for it, and people are shocked that it comes from Old Navy.


Old Navy Ruffled Cardigan

I'm the kind of girl whose always cold at work. These ruffled front 3/4 Cardigans are perfect for the chilly office environment. I got the above in white and black, but I think I might have to go back and get that sunny yellow for myself. I think the ruffle adds elegance and class over any blouse you throw it over. It's the perfect staple for the Spring and Summer months.

Photobucket

Spring and Summer bring out the girly girl in me, and draws me to dresses. I found this Linen dress in Cosmopolitan Berry and knew it had to be added to my wardrobe. The ruffle collar at the neck drew me to this piece. It's so elegant and so versatile. I could wear it to work, a weekend day out, and even a night out at the bar with the ladies.

Make sure to check www.oldnavyweekly.com every Friday for special deals.


Twelve By Twelve Brings Out the Bold In A Girl

Twelve by Twelve Pleated Ruffle Dress

With my friend, M's Bridal Shower approaching, I needed to find a dress to celebrate this joyous occasion. I work right next to a Forever 21 and had been going there to try to find a dress that spoke to me. I had seen the Pleated Ruffle Dress from Twelve By Twelve the few times I had went in, but I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. I finally decided to give it a try, and was shocked that a) it fit since Forever 21 usually runs big in dress sizes b) that this bold design actually looked great on me. It was wild and different from anything in my wardrobe, and I thought why not. Now I just need some shoes and I'm set :)

Every Girl Needs A Little Romance


clothing

Who says Ann Taylor is for Old Ladies? I beg to differ. Ladies of all ages can find wonderful, classic pieces to add to their wardrobe. Yesterday, I found this little number on Ann Taylor Loft. It's cute and romantic with it's ruffle top. You could dress it up to go out, or down when you're chilling with your ladies or man during the day. I love the possibilities and can't wait to have it in my possession. Also an incentive to buy from Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft this weekend is that they are having a Friends and Family event this weekend. Get 30% if you use the promotional code FRIENDS online, or use this coupon for in store http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBJ9uL0BdYR8vB7lp6OBhwMxOV1/doc.html This offer expires May 03, 2009. Hope you get something lovely for yourself.

Hello, Lover!

Maxx Quilted Tote Honey

I love, love, love Purses. I get this obsession for them from my mother, who often buys 3 or 4 purses at a time, and maybe uses them only a few times. She justifies it by saying that she needs it. I also use the same excuse when it comes to my hubby. "I need it to look pretty, honey." My mother is also the person who send me the QVC link to this purse. Obviously, I was absolutely taken by this bag. The Honey color just screamed Spring time, and with my 2nd Wedding Anniversary approaching I strongly hinted at the hubby ( ie: I emailed a list with this as my #1 choice to him) that perhaps this would make a girl happy. I'm a lucky girl! He obliged me, and I have been using this as my Spring purse ever since. See, us girls can get what we want sometimes. ;p

I totally am excited to wear all these pieces. It's going to be a great Spring and Summer. What purchases have you made? Hope you all have fun shopping. Enjoy being a girl!!!



4 comments on "Spring is made for Shopping"

Maria on May 2, 2009 at 9:24 AM said...

Honey, when it comes to J.Crew I will always push people over to the dark side - I was the one that suggested K (down in Flah-rida) get her dress and shoes for her grad party from JCrew and there she was, head to toe in JCrew.

jlc on May 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM said...

Ohhh you have a fun blog!! And I love that SJP video!! :)

Unknown on May 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM said...

Yay you finally have a blog!

The Girl on May 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM said...

Thanks guys! :)

Post a Comment

Mi Amigas