Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I <3 the Entertainment Biz!!! I <3 TV Sweeps Week!!!


I love the fact that it's TV Sweeps week! That means it's time for new shows and seeing which old shows are coming back. I've been keeping up with the news through my friends who work out in the L.A. Entertainment Industry, through Watch With Kristin, and of course the Goddess herself, Nikki Finke! Coverage has been great. Of Course, Finke's got the scoop usually before anyone else does. Watch with Kristin is a little slow on the news. I even beat them to the punch a few times. Yet, they are a little pissed at me for one of the scoops I informed them all of on Tuesday. Someone's mad because I knew before they did. Oh, boo f***'in who!!!


This all stems from the show Medium. If all of you paid attention like I did Tuesday, NBC canceled "My Name is Earl" and "Medium" The Buzz is "My Name is Earl" may be picked up by Fox ( which the majority of people in the biz knew about) and that "Medium" at that point was a maybe for CBS. In case you didn't know "Medium" was a joint production between CBS and NBC. It still was doing well in the ratings for NBC. I found this out probably around the same time Finke did. Anyway, for some reason Watch With Kristin hadn't reported this. I thought I'd be nice and tell them this information, so I commented on their NBC post. Watch With Kristin did update their info; however; they made the time stamp on my comment look like it came after they posted this info. How classy of them.

As the day progressed, I learned from my source that CBS would definitely be taking Medium, and putting it on Fridays at 9pm, right after Ghost Whisperer. I notified the sad readers on Watch With Kristin that I had confirmation it was coming back. Nikki Finke had also reported the same. Watch with Kristin refuses to report on it that day. Instead I get a lovely message from E! as to where I'm getting my f***in' information from . I'm also accused of lieing etc. At this point, I'm wondering if Nikki Finke is getting the same sort of comments from people. My assumption is that one of the writers got a little jealous that someone was beating them to the news. Not my fault. My assumption is that if you're a reporter for the Entertainment biz, you're going to have the same sources I do. If you don't then it's a little sad and rather laughable. My only reply to E! is if you're unhappy with being the last one with the scoop, bring me in or some other person who is an insider.

Ah, I love the Entertainment Biz, even when people get bitchy. It's truly entertaining

0 comments on "I <3 the Entertainment Biz!!! I <3 TV Sweeps Week!!!"

Post a Comment

Mi Amigas