Thursday, May 14, 2009

The TV Has Seduced Me


So with May Flowers also comes May finales, which means this Girl from NYC's behind is planted firmly on the couch. Let me show you what's been catching my attention so much, I haven't had the energy to blog. I promise I won't spoil it for you:


Lost Season 5
Lost


Wow... I can't even start to give you a definitive answer as to where this is going. I have some thoughts, but who knows. Is it wrong for me to assume that all of this has some comparisons with the Bible. They have all of these wonderful tie ins that work great for my theory. My friends and I were trying to guess what's up for Season 6, but I know we probably only grasped a few ways that this could go. Don't worry, I won't share with you my thoughts unless you really want to know. I know some people still haven't seen the finale. If you haven't you really need to. You will laugh, cry, get royally pissed off, etc. It's great. My only gripe with it is that I'm worried that this has raised so many more questions, and that the writers not be able to address all of it in the next season. The sixth season will only run for 16-17 episodes. Is that really enough to answer what's important? We'll see in about 8 months. It's going to be eating at me.

Fringe
Fringe

The season finale was fantastic. It did a great job of answering some questions. Of course it raised some, but that's the point. The story does need to continue. I did have my doubts with this show. It kind of got slow in the middle, but I blame that on the writing. The last few episodes of the season have been exciting. I won't tell you the big shocker at the end, but what I saw at the end did give me a few goosebumps.

The Real Bitches...I mean Housewives of NYC

Real Housewives of NYC

These bitches are so catty but I love them. Tuesday and Thursday was the extra long reunion chocked full of clawing, bitching, crying, laughing, you name it. Season 1 was a snooze fest, but Season 2 was pure gold.

My favorites had to be Bethany and Jill. They were hilarious and very up front about what they thought. I like women who can tell it like it is, even if it hurts. You have to be able to be honest. I love their jokes too. Good times! Their fight in the season finale was very shocking to me. Jill needed to take a step back and realize this is what happens with sponsoring. They put their ads up. It wasn't something Bethany knew about, and she was able to understand why it was taken down. What she didn't like was the talking behind her back to Ramona, who definitely fueled the fire between those two. Ramona was one to talk though. She was putting her skin care products in the goodie bags. They all marketed their crap on the show whether it was skincare products, books, fabric etc. No reason to get hypocritical about it.

Now The Countess, I thought they were easier on her at the reunion. They did rightfully point out that she is full of herself. She is. She threw her title around ( which she married into) and acted holier than thou. Who gives a crap? Just because you married into it doesn't make you the Queen of Class. I feel bad for her that her husband said he wanted a divorce from her on email and leaked to the press that he was with an Ethiopian Princess, but I think she really does need to drop that Countess act. Hopefully, she takes a good look at how she came off this season.

I know you all want to know about Alex, but I find her rather dull. She doesn't really have a personality outside of her husband, Simon. They all are just one giant ball of boring, who think they are hip for owning a Brownstone in Brooklyn and wearing flamboyant pieces. I'm sure if they could afford a Brownstone in Manhattan that is where they would be before ever stepping foot in Brooklyn. Also their fashion sense is atrocious. Between the feed bag that Alex wore and the red leather pants, black leather jacket, and shiny shoes that Simon wore, I really don't know whose worse. I also get the impression that Simon is gay or bisexual. It's just a vibe that he gives off. Even my gay bff thinks the same.

Ramona, Ramona. You always stick your foot in your mouth. Yes, I get you want to have fun and help, but you really need to learn when to shut up. She always knows how to make jabs at people, ie: Bethany, "Jill only talks to you because she's not threatened by you" and causing fights between the ladies. Please, just control yourself.

And last but not least, Kelly. She is the most delusional bitch I have ever seen. She is very self centered, and truly believes that the world revolves around her. She asks Bethany to meet up with her at the bar after Bethanyhad taken a jab at her the day before. Kelly shows up late and basically tells Bethany "We're not friends. I'm up here and you're down here." She then walks away, waits for Bethany by the door to yell at her that she's crazy. Kelly ends up denying that this ever happened. Even at the reunion she tried to pretend it didn't happen. She also made some idiotic statements at the reunion:"The grass isn't always greener no matter how much fertilizer you have." What? Did you really go to Columbia University or Colombia, the country? She's ridiculous. She truly does live in her own world.

Supernatural
Supernatural

I love this show, and it's not just because it has two gorgeous guys. This season has been great. The brothers have been fighting demons for the past three seasons, so it was about time Heaven and the Angels stepped into the mix. Sam, the younger brother has been on a dark path, especially when Dean went to hell. He wants to protect his brother by taking charge, but had gone about it the wrong way by playing with the demons. Dean has become important to the angels in the battle between Heaven and Hell. There are 66 seals that have needed to be broken all season in order to free Lucifer. Were the boys able to keep the Devil at bay? I won't tell you what happened in the finale, but I am excited for next season. It is going to be so good. Thank goodness this show comes back in the fall.

I would love to discuss any thoughts or theories anyone has on these shows. I would have loved to go in depth about some of the shows, but I know it will be a good week before I can go blabbing my mouth. I don't want to be the one who kills it for people.





2 comments on "The TV Has Seduced Me"

The Mrs. on May 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM said...

Sooooo worth it!!!

The Girl on May 16, 2009 at 4:21 PM said...

It was worth it. I'm dieing for next season

Post a Comment

Mi Amigas